Well, there's only a couple of weeks left until the most anticipated movie of all time is released. Avengers Endgame is the culmination of 22 movies and 11 years. We've been promised that it'll be a game changer. With how Infinity War went down, we've got to believe it. There's also the fact that a lot of the original actor's contracts are up.
So, what's gonna happen? I want to use this as a chance to give out some predictions based on what little information we've been given so far. It'll be fun to look back at this article after release and see how much I got wrong. Also, if you've got any predictions, leave them in the comments!
1. The Dusted Heroes Return. Let's start with an easy one. We pretty much know this is going to happen because Spider-Man: Far From Home is to be released shortly after. We also know Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Black Panther 2 and Dr. Strange 2 are in the works. This one's a definite.
2. Thanos Wins Again. I think there's going to be at least 2 showdowns with Thanos. There will be an early fight where the Avengers get defeated again. I base this on the early release clip of the team talking in Avengers AQ and Captain Marvel arrogantly states that they didn't win because they didn't have her. After seeing Captain Marvel, we know she's ridiculously powerful. However, I think she's going to underestimate the power of the gauntlet and it's going to lead to the team's 2nd defeat and also my next prediction.
3. Captain America Dies. During the team's second rematch with Thanos, I believe that Captain America will die. Whether he stays that way once they have the power of time travel remains to be seen. I do think that there will be time travel and that Thor will get his Mjolnir back. During the battle with Thanos, Captain America will prove his worthiness and he'll lift the hammer in battle against his cosmic foe. While it may help to save the team, he'll be a major casualty.
4. Time Travel Via The Quantum Realm. This one is pretty much another no brainer. We know there will be some time travel shenanigans here. Ant-Man will play a major part since he's the main connection to the Quantum Realm in the MCU. The team will revisit the Battle of New York from the first Avengers movie in order to capture two infinity stones before Thanos has the chance. We know from leaked set photos that there are scenes from the Battle of New York in the movie. However, we don't know if they're flashbacks or the result of time travel. My vote goes to Time Travel!
5. Thanos is defeated by Ant-Man going up his butt and expanding. Because it's gotta happen, you know?
And that's it. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Personally, I cannot wait until April 25th. I'm so pumped up to get emotionally wrecked during this one! Once the movie comes out, I'll give my spoiler free review. We'll also revisit these predictions to see which ones were accurate. I know I nailed number 5!
Don't forget to leave your predictions in the comments. It'll be fun to see who nails what!